News & Events
Here you find information on upcoming or past events related to Easy Language, Plain Language, or Accessibility.
The first International Easy Language Day was held on May 28th 2020 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAh0CkAMq0
This was followed up by the first International Easy Language Day Conference (IELD) in 2021.
- IELD 2021 videos of presentations are online
Some of the talks presented at IELD 2021 have been recorded and are now available on our platform here:
There are three playlists with presentations
- in English
- in English with German standard subtitles
- with German Easy Language voice over (Leichte Sprache)
- KLAARA 2021 – 2nd International Conference on easy-to-read language research, Switzerland, 30-31 August 2021After the successful launch of the KLAARA Conference on easy-to-read (EtR) language research in Helsinki 2019, the 2nd international KLAARA conference was originally planned for 2020. Due to Covid-19 it has been postponed to August 30/31th 2021 and will be conducted online hosted by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northestern Switzerland, School of Social work. Visit the conference website for details: KLAARA 2021 – 2nd Conference on easy-to-read language research | FHNW
- Panel at IATIS 2021 – 7th International Conference, Barcelona, 17 September 2021Panel 17: “The social role of language: Translation into easy and plain languages" Silvia Hansen-Schirra and Christiane Maaß will be hosting a thematic panel at the 7th Conference by the International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS) 2021 in Barcelona. The conference will be held both on site in Barcelona and remotely. In this panel we want to bring together researchers, practitioners, and ideally users dealing with Easy and Plain Languages in all sorts of languages, text types, situational contexts and language modes. One goal is to bootstrap a new, multidisciplinary community around this topic and to stimulate exchange … Read more
- Panel at ICTIC 2021 – 3rd International Conference, Bologna, 2-5 November 2021Track D, Panel 21: “Accessibility through translation” Catalina Jiménez Hurtado & Antonio Chica Núñez will be hosting a thematic panel at the 3rd International Conference on Translation, Interpreting and Cognition at Universtiy of Bologna. Sub-topics include: The multimodality of the semiotic structures that condition the production and reception of AT target texts:-Screen and heritage audio description-Subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing-Sign language interpreting-Easy reading-Alternative and augmentative communication Visit the conference website for details: Panel topics (unibo.it)